Ingredients - what you will need
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flourThat's it! not many ingredients, most of us always have this in our store cupboard
Preparation method and how to make it
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is a good 1cm / ½in thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle the top with caster sugar and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.