Sunday, 10 April 2016
mmmmm give this a go
TIPSY CHOCOLATE CAKE
For an easy treat try this rich chocolate cake flavoured with lashings of brandy and cream
By Gioconda Scott
200 g sponge fingers
200 g dark chocolate
200 g butter
5 eggs, separated
5 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Process the sponge fingers in a food processor until finely ground.
3. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a mixing bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Place the ground sponge fingers in a bowl. Stir in the brandy, mixing well.
6. Beat the yolks, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture.
7. Fold the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then the ground sponge fingers.
8. Place the mixture in a greased, lined 20cm cake tin and smooth the surface.
9. Bake for 30 minutes until set. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)